Tuesday, March 30, 2010

F-I-asco


I love movies, but I haven't been in a while. I haven't seen Avatar and I probably won't--it's a James Cameron thing....I've never seen Titanic either. I wanted to see Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland but haven't made it yet. There always seems to be something else to do.

But I am amazed at how much these movies are making; I know the 3D-IMAX extravaganzas cost more to see, but still......Billions for Avatar? Hundreds of millions for Alice?

And now comes word that Uma Thurman's new movie, Motherhood, opened in London to......just $131.00. Yes, you read it right. I spend more than that on margaritas!

It appears, according to The Guardian that about twelve people paid to see Motherhood. In fact, on the film's opening day, one ticket was sold.

One.Ticket.

To be fair, the film did make $93,388 in its short four-week run in the United States, but that only proves my theory that people in England have better taste than we do; we'll see anything.

4 comments:

  1. LOL - I have never heard of this movie at all. And you should go see Avitar and Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:48 AM

    Ouch. That is bad. Two weekends ago I saw "The Bounty Hunter." That movie was torture to watch. One of the worst I've ever seen--and I go to just about everything. I love "Titanic." "Avatar" was good for special effects. I haven't seen "Alice" yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Either we have better taste or we're too bone idle to got to the cinema. Personally I haven't been since they banned smoking I can't possibly last the length of a movie without a smoke.

    love
    Mac

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Alice, but it totally played to my exact take on the tale and, as a graduate of American McGee's Alice, I can't really complain. Highly recommended in 3D.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......