Friday, March 29, 2019

I Didn't Say It ....

Adam Schiff, Democratic congressman from California, to the GOP in Congress doing _____’s bidding by demanding he resign because he’s long claimed that evidence of _____’s collusion with Russia:

“My colleagues might think it’s OK that the Russians offered dirt on the Democratic candidate for president as part of what’s described as the Russian government’s effort to help the _____ campaign.
My colleagues might think it’s OK that when that was offered to the son of the president, who had a pivotal role in the campaign, that the son did not call the FBI, he did not adamantly refuse that foreign help—no, instead that son said he would ‘love’ the help with the Russians.
You might think it was OK that he took that meeting.
You might think it’s OK that Paul Manafort, the campaign chair, someone with great experience running campaigns, also took that meeting.
You might think it’s OK that the president’s son-in-law also took that meeting.
You might think it’s OK that they concealed it from the public.
You might think it’s OK that their only disappointment after that meeting was that the dirt they received on Hillary Clinton wasn’t better.
You might think it’s OK. I don’t.
You might think it's OK that [Flynn] secretly conferred with a Russian ambassador about undermining US sanctions & then lied about it to the FBI.
You might say that's all OK—that’s just what you have to do to win... I think it's corrupt & evidence of collusion.
You might think it’s OK that the president’s son-in-law sought to establish a secret back channel of communication with Russians through a Russian diplomatic facility.
I don’t think that’s OK.
You might think it’s OK that an associate of the president made direct contact with the GRU through Guccifer 2.0 and WikiLeaks.
You might think it’s OK that a senior campaign official was instructed to reach that associate and find out what that hostile intelligence agency had to say, in terms of dirt on his opponent.
You might think it’s OK that the national security adviser-designate secretly conferred with a Russian ambassador about undermining U.S. sanctions, and you might think it’s OK he lied about it to the FBI.
You might say that’s all OK, that that’s just what you need to do to win.
But I don’t think it’s OK.
I think it’s immoral, I think it’s unethical, I think it’s unpatriotic and, yes, I think it’s corrupt, and evidence of collusion. I do not think that conduct, criminal or not, is OK,” concluded Schiff. “The day we do think that’s OK is the day we will look back and say that is the day America lost its way.”

Damn. That is just about perfection.
Sally Field, mother of a gay son, Sam Greisman, and an advocate for LGBTQ rights, standing up for the Equality Act:

“Sam’s journey was a different one that his older brothers’. Being with him, watching him finally be able to be all that nature intended him to be … It was not an easy road for him. He wanted to be like his big brothers and nature had given him other gifts. This is change that isn’t just about the government. It would be the government making such an important move to change how people think altogether. As long as I am upright, I will fight for this to be—that Sam and everyone’s children and grandchildren and sisters and brothers will be protected in every state of the United States.”

It’s equality. What’s so wrong about that?
Taron Egerton, on his sex scene with Richard Madden in Rocketman, the story of Elton John:

“I probably shouldn’t be telling you this but we have a sex scene. We went to some places together and got quite physical. I’ve watched it back and I think it looks great. The grown-up nature of the film, combined with it being a musical, makes it feel quite zeitgeisty. I don’t know if I’m allowed to say this but it’s basically about Elton in rehab, so we’re not watering anything down.”

I’ll just say this … Taron and Richard having sex on film will get my butt into a seat. It doesn’t hurt that the movie’s about Elton, though, but, still, I’m shallow like that.
Pete Buttigieg, presidential candidate, on the need for a “religious left”;

“The idea that the only way a religious person could enter politics is through the religious right—I just don’t think that makes sense. What could be more different than the message I take from my faith and what we’re being shown in Washington right now? I think a lot of people wonder where they fit, either because who they are, if you’re a member of the LGBTQ community like I am, or because of what you believe politically. I think the time has come for more of a religious left to emerge in our country, that let’s people know that they aren’t alone when they look at faith and think that teaches us to reach out to others, to humble ourselves, to take care of the immigrant, the prisoner, and frankly the sex worker.”

The more Pete talks, common sense is what it's called, the more I like him.
Dan Reynolds, straight Mormon Imagine Dragons frontman, demanding religious leaders denounce ‘gay cure’ therapy:

“‘I plead with our religious leaders across the world to stand up for equality together. ‘True equality–not empty words of love–but statements and actions that shows our LGBTQ youth that they are “sinless” and perfect just as they are. Until these changes are made within the doctrines of orthodox faith, we will continue to see increased rates of suicidality and depression/anxiety amongst our LGBTQ youth. It is a false notion that LGBTQ youth are more likely to have emotional vulnerabilities because of who they are/how their brains are programmed. The truth is that the leaders of our communities have created societal rules that leave no room for our LGBTQ youth to be healthy. It is a flawed system, not a flawed individual. Until the leaders of all orthodox faiths denounce conversion therapy and accept our LGBTQ youth into full fellowship, I believe we will continue to see a great exodus from all orthodox faith. We are not a generation that will stand for intolerance, homophobia or racism. And to those that say the simple answer is for our youth to just leave religion–it isn’t that simple. Many of these LGBTQ youth will be kicked out of the home and put into a more dangerous situation if they denounce the faith of their family. Also many find peace in their faith. They love it. It brings them comfort in a sad and oftentimes scary world. It is now up to our leaders to LEAD. How many more children will be lost before we practice true love in our churches?”

Reynolds is vocal in his support to the LGBTQ community and established the Love Loud music festival which benefits LGBTQ Suicide charities.
Jerrold Nadler, House Judiciary Committee Chairman warning the DOJ not to hide evidence of _____ wrongdoing with regard to the Mueller investigation:

“If the president cannot be indicted … as a matter of law, then the only way to hold the president accountable is for Congress to consider it and act, if warranted. Congress can only do that if it has the information. For the department to take the position that ‘we’re not going to give information because he’s not indicted, like a normal person who’s not indicted because of lack of evidence,’ is equivalent to a cover-up and subverts the only ability to hold the president accountable. And the president no more than anybody else cannot be above the law.”

Nadler is ready to take the case to the Supreme Court that the report be published in full.
Corey Lewandowski, former _____ campaign buttboy, on folks blaming _____ for the shooting in New Zealand:

“Many on the left, in the minutes following the tragic shootings in New Zealand, raced to blame President Donald J. _____ as motivating the killer. It is truly a despicable act to use a tragedy for political gain, yet this is an all-too-common tactic for many on the political left. The Democratic Party and voices on the left need to dial back their hate speech. Their actions have led to people wearing ‘Make America Great Again’ caps being kicked out of bars and restaurants for showing support for the president of the United States. We hear much talk about tolerance and civility from the left — yet, they only want to practice those ideas on people with whom they agree. The only person to blame for the mass shooting in New Zealand is the deranged person who committed the act. Democrats should not be allowed by the media to use that or any other tragedy for political advantage.”

Oh, Corey, you forgot to mention that the shooter praised _____ in his manifesto. You also forgot to mention the 2012 shooting at Family Research Council headquarters, which right wingers continue to relentlessly blame on liberals.
Get your lips off his ass for a minute.
Paul Rudd, explaining why he looks the same in 2019 as he has for the last twenty years:

“I’m 80 years old on the inside. In here [pointing to his chest], pure darkness—and a little moisturizer.”

First off, Rudd is totes adorbs.
Secondly, my sister used to say to me, ‘How come you don’t ever look any older,’ and I’d say it’s against the Gay laws … we aren’t allowed to age.
Also, it has a lot to do with the fact that I am extraordinarily childish.

9 comments:

  1. That Schiff speech was something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with Jerry Nadler on one point; I think that the head of any state should be better than the rest of their fellow citizens. A head of state should be a role model for their fellow countrymen and women and an exemplar for other countries. The baby fraudster-in-chief is neither of those things and his avid cohorts talk out of their derrieres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam let them HAVE IT. And I’m here for it.
    Anything with Paul Rudd or Taron gets my butt on a theater seat. Especially if I can look at them naked.
    Lewandosky is a dick. I hope he goes down for whatever. I don’t care but he needs to go down.
    Lovin’ Pete. Loving. Him.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will let better commentators, or common 'taters if you will, take care of the serious stuff. I'm here to say, Paul Rudd! I can eat him with a spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re: The Paul Rudd phenomenon. - Perhaps, as it is for you, it really is a 'gay thing'. Throughout my life I've had people saying that I look younger than my years or being incredulous when I tell them my age. Now in my dotage, I'd be flattered if anyone should tell me that I don't look more than 65. Maybe they don't say it because they think I'd be offended - though I wouldn't be really. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to that Elton John biopic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the trailer for the elton movie is begging RTG and I to go!

    corey is an evil dump dick licker! and everybody else is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thing is, there is a vibrant religious left. I’ve been a part of it all my life. We’re just not loud mouth assholes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @late
    And the religious left needs to start speaking up because the religious right is taking all the oxygen.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......