Friday, December 12, 2014

I Didn't Say It ...

Gregory Angelo, head of the Log Cabin Republicans, on the GOP attempt to stall the executive order banning federal contractors from discriminating against LGBT employees:

"Bring it on. Unlike his hotly contested unilateral actions on immigration or minimum wage, President Obama’s executive order providing workplace protections for LGBT federal employees is a simple extension of an executive order that was already in place under the administration of President George W. Bush. We hope that Director Shiu calls Congressmen Kline and Walberg on their ridiculous bluff — if she does, both Congressmen will soon discover what Log Cabin Republicans has been telling their offices for years — that 69% of Americans support workplace protections for the LGBT community — including 56% of Republicans. It may be extreme, but perhaps a public comment period is what it will finally take for Chairman Kline to realize just how out-of-touch he is on this issue, both with Americans and his own constituents, and finally push the Employment Non-Discrimination Act out of committee where he has kept it bottled up for the past 13 months."

The GOP hates The Gays, and feels that any legislation that could be seen as pro-gay, or simply equal, is wrong.
The LCR knows this, because this is the way the GOP rolls.
President Obama, on Lily Tomlin's Kennedy Center Honors award:

"When asked what she hoped her tribute tonight would look like, [Lily] said, 'What I’d like to see is a big stream of gay drag artists come out as Ernestine.' I haven't talked to George Stevens.  I don’t know whether this has been arranged. Although, I’d like to see it, too.  I think — "

Who knew Obama liked a good drag performer? Of course, now the wingnuts in the GOP will say he’s a closeted drag artist.
Pope Francis, on how the church must help parents to stand by their gay children, but that same-sex marriage is not being considered:

“What [the synod] did talk about was of how a family with a homosexual child, whether a son or a daughter, goes about educating that child, how the family bears up, how to help that family to deal with that somewhat unusual situation. That is to say, the synod addressed the family and the homosexual persons in relation to their families, because we come across this reality all the time in the confessional: a father and a mother whose son or daughter is in that situation. This happened to me several times in Buenos Aires. We have to find a way to help that father or that mother to stand by their son or daughter.”

How can he say it any more clearly: he is not LGBT-friendly; he makes these small concessions, though nothing ever comes of it, and some of The Gays call him a Great Pope.
He’s a Great Fraud.
Connor Franta, 22-year-old YouTube star with 3.6 million subscribers, coming out:

“In just one year I've honestly felt like I'm so happy with who I am. And I'm making this video because I was sick of having to think constantly about what I was doing, what I was saying, what I was wearing. I don't want to have to think about everything I do. I just want to be able to be me and not be afraid. I'm sick of censoring myself. This is just one little part of who I am. And I'm not going to let my sexuality define or confine me. It's part of me, it's not all of me.”

That’s what I say: if you aren’t out, you’re lying, every single day.
You hide genders of those you’re dating or interested; you act differently around anyone who doesn’t know you’re gay, lest they sense it; you’re not yourself.
And that ain’t right.
Malala Yousafzai, a Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest-ever Nobel Prize recipient, accepting her prize:

“The terrorists tried to stop us. Neither their ideas nor their bullets could win. We survived. And since that day, our voices have grown louder and louder. I tell my story not because it is unique but because it is not. It is the story of many girls."

One day, she hopes to lead Pakistan, and I’m fairly certain she will, and I'm fairly certain Pakistan will be better for it..


2 comments:

  1. Crossing all fingers and toes for Malala Yousafzai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every gay man (especially gay men) and women should come out. Harvey Milk said it years ago and it still holds true, if everyone came out homophobia would end over night. Those to continue to hide, lie and stay in the closet permit the oppression.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......