Thursday, August 04, 2016

Random Musings

Carlos doesn’t listen … or he has a terrible memory … or both.

Last week, after work, I realized I had a dentist appointment for the next day. As I am Carlos’ work insurance plan, they call his cell phone to confirm, so I asked if they’d called.

“No. Why?”

“I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 8 and they usually call.”

“Oh, well, you should go …”

“I know, it’s just weird they didn’t call to remind me like they usually do.”

The next morning I got up, showered, dressed; we ate breakfast. Carlos went into the bathroom to get ready for work so I knocked at the door:

“I’m leaving now.”

“Why so early?”

“Um, my dentist appointment.”

“Oh, do you have one today?”

Bless.His.Heart.
Donald [t]Rump’s lunatic spokesperson, AKA one of his Flying Monkeys, Katrina Pierson claimed on CNN that Capt. Humayun Khan, the son of DNC Khizr and Ghazala Khan, probably died in Iraq because President Obama and Hillary Clinton had “changed the rules of engagement” for US troops. Humayun Khan died on June 8th, 2004 during the presidency of George W. Bush.

But you know, why worry about facts.
From the WTF Is This Asshattery file …

Lifetime is doing a remake of Beaches because no one asked for it. Now, that said, it will star Idina Menzel so, yeah, there’s that.

And in a related story, Nick Jonas is in talks to star in a remake of Jumanji, because, again, there are no new ideas.

And, in another related story, Channing Tatum is set to star in a remake of Splash, though this time with a role reversal. Channing will play the landlocked merman who falls in love with a human girl.

Since that means Channing will appear shirtless and, or, nearly nude, this remake has my blessing.
I do so love BBC America … and I do so love that “Ripper Street” has retruned. It’s a kind of a police procedural set in London in the 1800s and features some Hot Men, of course, like …

Adam Rothenberg as Capt Homer Jackson and  Killian Scott as Assistant Commissioner Augustus Dove.

Yum.
Okay, Mother Nature, enough with the heat, alright? I'm over it, and I'm over you thinking that the best way to cool us all off is to send a thunderstorm our way every night to flood the streets!

Stop it!
Continuing his “rigged election” mantra — so that when he loses, he can blame anyone and everyone but himself — Donald [t]Rump says the fall debate schedule is “unacceptable.” He's clearly doing this so he can skip them, thus avoiding having a debate with someone with a brain, AKA Hillary Clinton.

In a tweet on Friday night — because … where else? — [t]Rump said Clinton and the Democrats are “trying to rig the debates” … except, the fall debate schedule was determined a year ago by the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates.

Trump said;
“I’ll tell you what I don’t like. It’s against two NFL games. I got a letter from the NFL saying, ‘This is ridiculous.'”
But then an NFL spokesman responded:
“While we’d obviously wish the debate commission could find another night we did not send a letter to Trump.”
[t]Rump is now saying he talked to “someone” at the NFL, most likely a hot dog vendor overcome with steam whilst cleaning his cart.
So, I'm leaving the dentist's office last week, and as I get to the door a tiny voice behind me says: 

"Hey!"

"Hey yourself," I say to the little girl.

"Look what I have."

"What is that?" I ask her.

"It's a book!"

"And it's a good one, too. I was reading it before my appointment."

She looks at me quizzically and says:

"I like your hair."

"I like your hair, too."

She beams at me.

I don't know if I made her day but she had me smiling the rest of mine.
Oops … a college education can vanish in a flash.

It appears that Melania Trump’s professional website has disappeared from the Internet after questions were raised about whether she actually finished her degree at the University of Ljubljana.

Melania and [t]Rump claim she received a degree in architecture, but a biography about her said she never finished.

Let’s go to La Midler …

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:50 PM

    Hi Bob. Here is my once in a blue moon comment, you lucky duck! I love Carlos so much but he would drive me out of my mind! Good thing he's yours, huh?
    Now as a straight, sixty year old female, is it weird that I don't mind Channing Tatum as a merman (I would prefer someone who can act along with being gorgeous) but I kinda would like the Tom Hanks part to be played by someone like Matt Bomer? *Sigh* just a thought.

    Deedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...poor Carlos. Katrina Pierson. Boy did she infuriate me last week during Trump's press conference. She seems as crooked as they come. Where did he find her anyway? One of the contestants from one of those Miss America pageants?

    Hold the PRESSES!!!! Channing Tatum as a Merman?????????

    You know I love my BBC. I have some of the shows recorded but haven't seen those yet. Have you caught a show called the Tunnel yet??? Very twisted story and show. I have the feeling you'd like that show too.

    Milder is on fire this year with priceless tweets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and carlos carry on the same conversations that spouse and I have. are the 4 of us related?

    the rump is an ass (see what I did there?) and so are all his knuckle-dragging followers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please keep watching BBC America because the more you watch it the less likely that the guvmint will take all its funding away. Rupe Murdoch wants to buy the BBC dirt cheap and turn it into FOXUK and he always gets what he wants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Carlos! One day last week, before lunch, I told Jerry I was going to the beach. After lunch, I was in my bathing suit and carrying my beach chair and beach bag. I told Jerry I would see him later. "Where are you going?" he asked.

    Katrina Pierson is one of the most loathsome individuals I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh...
    The love that is the love that doesn't listen. Bliss.
    And have I ever told you how much I adore our Divine Miss M?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Deedles
    Yes, Carlos is mine and I am so lucky to have him.

    Matt Bomer??? :::::swoooooon:::::

    @MM
    I'm gonna look for that show!

    @Helen
    If I can do my little part to stop Murdoch I'm all in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I throw my vote in for the casting of Matt, too? I would go see that version!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:28 PM

    Oh Adam. Yum!
    JP

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......