Saturday, December 15, 2018

I Ain't One To Gossip, But ...


Oh, Les Moonves! Again.

Cybill Shepherd has revealed that she too had been propositioned by disgraced former CBS bigwig, serial sexual predator, Les Moonves. She says:
“He was, well, he was telling me his wife didn't turn him on, some mistress didn't turn him on, and ... he says, 'Well, you know, why don't you let me take you home?' I said, 'No, I've got a ride.' And I had my car outside with a good friend of mine who is an off-duty LAPD officer."
Cybil said ‘No,’ and "quite shortly afterward," her show, Cybill, which was rather popular, was abruptly canceled; the show ended with a cliffhanger and the words "To be continued..." 

I guess that’s now and I, for one, hope Les Moonves gets everything he deserves and more.
How is it that I’ve never heard this story?

Courtney Love has just been granted a restraining order against her one-time manager Sam Lutfi.  Both she and Lufti are being sued by her daughter Francis Bean’s ex-husband Isaiah Silva who claims that Courtney, Sam, and some actor named Ross Butler, along with two others, conspired to break into his house, beat him up, sexually batter him, and eventually murder him in order to steal his guitar.

To be fair, this mob of ALLEGED miscreants were only able to complete part of their mission; they did not murder Silva, but now Courtney is coming for Lufti, claiming he has been “unrelentingly” harassing her and her family. She asked for a restraining to protect herself, her sister and her daughter, so Lutfi is not allowed within 100 yards of any them.

Apparently, this all stems from the criminal acts of Love and Lufti, with Lufti claiming Love never paid her for services—breaking, entering, battery, sexual assault—that he rendered; and so, he has been harassing her with emails, texts and phone calls … for payment for a crime they committed.

Seriously, I wanna see this one on Judge Judy.
Blister Palin is back in the news, on reality TV again because she knows no other way to make some coins to pay for all those babies she’s having. And so, she’s been appearing on MTV’s Teen Mom, though, saddest of all, Blister is far from a teen, but hey, coins are coins, and this trailer ain’t gonna pay for itself; Blister is getting some $250,000 to sell herself and her kids.

But now Blister has taken issue with how she’s being portrayed on a TV show about teen moms and has taken to Instagram to whine like her mama about how she works hard, loves her kids, Democrats are bad, and her mama isn’t some drunken wannabe sitting on a porch in Alaska looking at Russia …or something:
If I cared what people thought of me, I wouldn’t be here today - let’s be real. I’ve stood strong and held it down for my kids since day one. No matter how bad @teenmom tries to portray my “life” ..... my babies, my family, my close friends - they know the TRUTH. I’m a pretty great mom, work my ass off, show up, and hustle everyday to give my kids a pretty great life. @mtv doesn’t want to talk about faith, show work ethic, or juggling three kids alone, they don’t want to show the humble process of starting over after a divorce, building a career, or any real life issues. All they want with my little segment each week is some fake fill-in Farrah Abraham/Jerry Springer BS, and it’s simply not true. Don’t get me wrong - I’ve said some mean things and learned a lot the last several months - but the life I’ve built for my kids is NOT sitting around talking about baby daddy drama. Every week is a continued disappointment with their inaccuracies and false narratives. I hate getting all emo on you guys but I’ve kept quiet for too long about it. Don’t believe everything you see on TV.”
Sounds like a long rant for a woman who has made most of her coins by selling herself, and those kids, to any reality show that will have her, but says she doesn’t care what people think about her. Clearly, the idiot apple doesn’t fall far from the Dumbass Tree.

Seriously, Blister, if it’s all too much, get a job off TV and see if you can support your kids.

Failing that, simply STFU.
Tara Reid, who is to acting what Blister Palin is to motherhood and reality TV, is suing the Sharknado franchise producers—Asylum Entertainment and SYFY Media Productions—for unlawfully using her image and she wants, wait for it, $100 million.

For her image … on the side of a slot machine.

Reid claims that in “Performer Engagement Agreement” for Sharknado 5—there were four more before that—there was a clause stating that “in no event shall Performer’s likeness be used for any merchandising in association with alcohol, tobacco, gambling, hygiene, or sexual products without Performer’s prior written approval.”

No beer cans, no tampons, no dildoes, no slot machines! Ever!

As to why she’s suing for $100 million, Reid’s lawyers at Jacoby & Meyers explain:
“As such, the actions of the Defendants were malicious and oppressive and justify an award of punitive and exemplary damages in an amount sufficiently large to set a public example of deterrence, and in an amount no less than 100 million.”
Reid must be loopy as hell to think her likeness on anything is worth $100,000,000.

That’s a lot of zeroes for a zero.
Former NBC News hack Megyn Kelly is still haggling with the network over how the rest of her contract, meaning her coins, is going to play out.

Kelly wants the money now, all of it, while NBC News wants to cash her out in installments so she won’t violate any nondisclosure agreements.

Really? What could Kelly possibly say? That NBC hires pseudo-racist, or at least racially insensitive news hosts? Or hosts who like to sexually harass women?

We already know that! But here’s the best part: Kelly says she wants all the coins now because “her phone is blowing up” and she is still deciding which network/hosting job to do following her departure from NBC.

Perhaps she’ll go back to Fox where she’ll fit in nicely.
Now, let’s end with a good story … one of my favorite actors, Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

As you may know, last year Louis-Dreyfus announced she had cancer, and her treatments were far worse than she ever let on. And, as is the state of journalism these days, the paparazzi were clamoring to get a photograph of Cancer Julia looking sick and haggard because, well, pigs, but Julia outsmarted them and really took back the power and control by posting her own pictures to social media:
“There were people with long lenses trying to get pictures of me looking ill, and I think I kind of burst the bubble on a lot of it because of my social-media presence.”

And not one of them made any coins on those pictures, which makes me love the story, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus, even more.

She’s real, and she’s spectacular.

10 comments:

  1. Poor Julia, to be lumped in with these other messes.

    But I give you kudo's Bob for having the skill and patience to get through all this hot mess drama to do a post for us. The smell of trying to stay relevant and complete loca crazy smell must get to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Maddie, Julia doesn't belong in this smelly garbage can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia is the class to offset the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much drama! Glad you ended this post on a high note.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bob- I wasn't criticizing, just ruminating. I think cows do that. SQUIRREL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SQUIRREL??!! Abby sez where? She'll hop a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @tdm- Abby, the new Red Baron!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Deedles.
    Oh I got it, I just wanted to remind folks that not all the IAOTGB crowd are trash. Some are faboosh! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe Tara is upset be she, herself, is so much like a slut machine... wait, that's supposed to be slut... not slut... Damn this dyslexia.

    What can Megyn have to non-disclose? A tryst with Les... oh, wait, wrong network.

    And you haven't heard about the Courtney thing because let's be honest, the only reason she's remembered at all is because she had sex with Kurt Cobain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JL-D is total class. and you and I know all too well what cancer can do to a person, bob.

    throw the rest of the smelly trash in a dumpster and drop said dumpster into the bermuda triangle.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......