Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Architecture Wednesday: Dancing Light

This is Dancing Light; I’d move in just because of the name and stay for the amazing architecture and that pool a theater.

Located in Paradise Valley, Arizona, Dancing Light sits on 3 acres, with a 180 degree view of Camelback Mountain, and is made up of two separate structures: a 500 square foot guest house, and a 5600 square foot main house. The home has walls of rammed-earth, metal, concrete and glass that define the various spaces, both private and open. And, since it is Arizona, out above the pool is a soaring canopy of shifting wood planes that frame the mountain views beyond. And that light; the dancing light that reflects off the shimmering pool creates different moods inside the house at every hour.

I’m packing my bags ….


Click to emBIGGERate ...


5 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous. Lives up to its name. I’d love a desert home.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little too fish bowl for me, and I'm not a huge dessert fan. I am in love with the bathroom though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good name - loverly views. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even without reading the article, I knew it was Paradise Valley, the Beverly Hills of the Phoenix metro area.

    That being said, I'd live there in a heartbeat. Beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......