Friday, August 23, 2019

I Didn't Say It ...


Jennifer Horn, a former Log Cabin Republicans board member, on her resignation this week after the group endorsed _____ for 2020:

“I would never say or do anything that I could not defend to my own children. … There is no world where I can sit down at the dining room table and explain to my children that I just endorsed Donald Trump for president. It’s not just the LGBTQ community this president targets. When we look at immigrants, people — anyone that he thinks he can somehow use to anger his base— he doesn’t care if he has to divide on racial lines, on ethnic lines, on educational lines. He will divide and damage and destroy this country in any manner he thinks he need to advance his own political power.”

She stands for something while the LCR just bends over.
Charles Moran, Log Cabin Republican spokes-tool, defending the group following the resignation of board member Jennifer Horn over LCR’s endorsement of _____:

“Jennifer is a friend and up until 24 hours ago she was a fellow board member with me on the national board. But like so many disaffected Republicans who have not been comfortable with President _____ and with his record, I look at the question of, ‘Is America better off now than it was four years ago and is the LGBT community better off now than it was four years ago?’ And under President _____, the answer is inarguably, yes. President _____ is the first person elected president of the United States who supported gay marriage and also has a background supporting equality issues both as a businessman and as a philanthropist. But now also as a president of the United States.”

Here’s his support for us:
_____ created the “Conscience Division” at the Department of Health and Human Services that could enable medical providers to deny even life-saving health care to LGBTQ people if their personal beliefs conflicted with a patient’s sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
____ moved to reinstate a ban on qualified transgender people serving in the military could result in the discharge of more than 15,000 transgender Americans currently serving our country.
_____ instructed the Attorney General to provide direction to all agencies on “interpreting religious liberty protections in Federal law” which puts millions of LGBTQ Americans at risk of discrimination.
The DOJ filed an amicus brief arguing that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex does not protect lesbian, gay, or bisexual people from discrimination. In October, the DOJ rescinded a memo issued by the Obama Administration and replaced it with a discriminatory memo, arguing that Title VII also does not apply to transgender people.
Under the direction of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, the U.S. Departments of Justice and Education revoked the Obama Administration’s guidance detailing schools’ obligations to transgender students under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 19724.
_____’s budget proposal would devastate federal safety net programs and human rights protections abroad.
DHS has made it harder for LGBTQ people fleeing violence around the world to find safety in the U.S.
So, Charles, you can take your praise for _____ and shove it right back up your ass. You are a disgrace to the LGBTQ community.
Fuck.Off.
_____, saying The Gays love him because he got the LCR support:

“Well, you know, I just got an award, or an endorsement yesterday from the exact group. You saw that? They gave me the endorsement yesterday. I’ve done very well with that community and some of my biggest supporters are of that community, and I talk to them a lot about it. I think I’ve done really very well with that community, as you know, Peter Thiel and so many others, they’re — they’re with me all the way, and I just got a big endorsement from the Log Cabin group.”

An award? Jesus the man is a tool.
Don’t forget that the minute he took office, the LGBTQ page on the White House website was erased; and don’t forget that the _____ administration has rolled back protections and targeted LGBTQ people 123 times since 2017.
Don’t forget.
Ed Smart, whose daughter Elizabeth Smart survived abduction for nine months, has come out as gay.

“I have recently acknowledged to myself and my family that I am gay. The decision to be honest and truthful about my orientation comes with its own set of challenges, but at the same time it is a huge relief. Living with the pain and guilt I have for so many years, not willing to accept the truth about my orientation has at times brought me to the point where I questioned whether life was still worth living. I didn’t want to face the feelings I fought so hard to suppress and didn’t want to reach out and tell those being ostracized that I too am numbered among them. But I cannot do that any longer.”

Welcome out, Ed, and know that no matter when or how you come out, you are always welcome. And you get gifts, like the Coming Out Toaster Oven and a copy of the Gay Agenda,
Welcome out.
Elizabeth Smart, Ed’s daughter, on her father’s revelation:

“While I am deeply saddened by [my parent’s] separation, nothing could change my love and admiration for them both. Their decisions are very personal. As such, I will not pass judgment and rather am focusing on loving and supporting them and the other members of my family.”

As it should be.
Connor Jessup, actor, coming out as gay:

“I knew I was gay when I was thirteen, but I hid it for years. I folded it and slipped it under the rest of my emotional clutter. Not worth the hassle. No one will care anyway. If I can just keep making it smaller, smaller, smaller …. My shame took the form of a shrug, but it was shame. I’m a white, cis man from an upper-middle class liberal family. Acceptance was never a question. But still, suspended in all this privilege, I balked. It took me years. It’s ongoing. I’m saying this now because I have conspicuously not said it before. I’ve been out for years in my private life, but never quite publicly. I’ve played that tedious game. Most painfully, I’ve talked about the gay characters I’ve played from a neutral, almost anthropological distance, as if they were separate from me. These evasions are bizarre and embarrassing to me now, but at the time they were natural. Discretion was default, and it seemed benign. It would be presumptuous to assume anyone would care, yeah? And anyway, why should I have to say anything? What right do strangers have to the intimate details of my life? These and other background whispers––new, softer forms of the same voices from when I was thirteen, fourteen, fifteen…. Shame can come heavy and loud, but it can come quiet too; it can take cover behind comfort and convenience. But it’s always violent. For me, this discretion has become airless. I don’t want to censor––consciously or not––the ways I talk, sit, laugh, or dress, the stories I tell, the jokes I make, my points of reference and connection. I don’t want to be complicit, even peripherally, in the idea that being gay is a problem to be solved or hushed. I’m grateful to be gay. Queerness is a solution. It’s a promise against cliché and solipsism and blandness; it’s a tilted head and an open window. I value more every day the people, movies, books, and music that open me to it. If you’re gay, bi, trans, two-spirit or questioning, if you’re confused, if you’re in pain or you feel you’re alone, if you aren’t or you don’t: You make the world more surprising and bearable. To all the queers, deviants, misfits, and lovers in my life: I love you. I love you.”

The honesty is amazing.
Welcome out, Connor, and naturally you will be receiving the obligatory Coming Out Toaster Oven and copy of the Gay Agenda.
Welcome out.

11 comments:

  1. (Ed Smart, Elisabeth Smart and Connor Jessup)
    So nice to have three smiles at the end
    of the post. xoxoxxoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as London Zoo said, Penguins are queer, get over it! Why do people find things like race, religion, sexual orientation, skin colour etc., such an issue? Look at the person underneath and make your choice on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bob, seriously what is a toaster oven? Everyone gets an iPhone thingy now. Just make sure it's not the log cabin gay agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sooo- Steven, honey, an iPhone thingy can only produce air. A toaster oven give us (insert angel choir here) toast! And bagels! And Pop Tarts! And warm honey buns! So much better than a media gadget.
    As for Jennifer Horn, the dump (as Anne Marie would say) was the dump before he was elected. He wasn't hidden. What's changed?
    I want to be a lady, like the dogs' mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huzzah for Ed Smart and Connor Jessup! Better out than in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @TDM
    I really loved Connor's coming out story. Very powerful and revealing stuff there.

    @Helen
    I think some people just need an "other" to look down upon to make themselves better. I suppose, in a way, it's easier than just trying to be a decent human being?

    @Steven
    I'd be much better served with a toaster oven than with an iPhone thingy! =)

    @Deedles
    I wanna be a lady like TDM, too.

    @Debra
    "Better out than in!"
    I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the LCR should lose their gay cards; these asstwats are so damn ignorant!

    a toaster oven is the second most used appliance in our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looked at the shit on the shelf behind Moran and wondered, little models of monuments, and realized he stopped maturing at around 12 years of age.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So. . . she can't look her children in the eye and tell them that she was part of an organization that supported tRump, but she's fine with an org that supported George W?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moran? MORAN? The jokes write themselves.
    The LCR are quislings.
    Ed Smart And Connor Jessup? Yay for visibility. At any age.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the Smarts are more than just smart. And Conner Jessup has my admiration, gratitude, and respect. As for the toaster oven... will he even know what that is?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......