Thursday, August 27, 2026

Bobservations

Carlos is headed to an HIV conference in Columbia this week and will stay in Columbia from Thursday until Saturday. As he is the one who makes the Café con Leche for breakfast I suggested before he leaves on Thursday that he makes two Café con Leche for my breakfast on Friday and Saturday; and then he asked me:.

“Are you helpless?”

“The question is are you helpful?”

I need to go so I can practice the espresso machine …

This Tale of Tuxedo, with a special appearance by Consuelo, is from March 2011 and is entitled Tuxedo Caturday:

I LOVE that face!

We were worried about Tuxedo getting on with Miss Consuelo Jones when she came to live with us.

He was leery of MaxGoldberg when Max first came along--though they are best buddies now.  He was also leery of Tallulah when she first moved in and is still leery of her now because she's one crazy bitch. 

So, when Consuelo arrived, ee watched him, but then he started playing with her and chasing her and letting her chase him; it's like he's her big brother.

Just adorable.

Dolly Parton passed away Tuesday at the age of eighty; a good long life, I’d say.

Years ago, living in California, some friends and I were at South Lake Tahoe doing a wee bit of gambling at Harrah’s. Dolly Parton was performing there and by chance we checked on tickets and were able to see her, She was sweet and funny and bawdy and sassy and just all the things you thought Dolly Parton would be.

Sidenote: when I was living in California several friends and I went up to Lake Tahoe to gamble and drink and party. While in the casino we learned that Dolly Paron was performing that night and we scored some tickets. I had never seen her before, wasn’t what I considered a big fan, but she was fabulous and all of the things you realize that she has always been. It turned out to be one of the great shows.

RIP, Dolly, and Thank you.

The fact that Hakeem Jeffries legitimized Jared Kushner, who has earned upwards of $2 billion from Saudi Arabia, through a secret meeting to find 'common ground' should mean he has no future in politics.

He is untrustworthy if he does anything other than hold that family and every single con artist in that mob, accountable for their crimes.

There was a lady in one of those red hats behind me in line at the grocery store, talking obnoxiously loudly on her phone:

“I just got into Game of Thrones. I just started Season 4.”

I paid for my groceries, looked back at her and said:

“Jon Snow kills Daenerys and Anya kills the Night King. Have a good day.”

It’s the small victories, you know.

PS Anyone who knows me knows this isn't true as I have never seen Game of Thrones. I just stole this from Facebook!

I’ve been saying it for a long time and now I need y’all to step up: It’s time to eat the rich because everything else has salmonella. 

Country singer Kacey Musgraves used the opening night of her “Middle of Nowhere” tour in Chicago to raise awareness for children affected by immigration enforcement by asking fans to support the Young Center for Immigrant Children’s Rights. She described the effort as a humanitarian issue rather than a political message.

Of course, the MAGAts came for her because she used her platform to try and do something good for children whose family members have been disappeared.

But good on Kacey for taking this stand … Dolly would be pleased.

Manuel Zares, full name Manuel Cañizares, is an up-and-coming Spanish fashion model. He has green eyes and brown hair and is roughly 6’1” tall but may be a young one in his early twenties … still, Would You Hit It?

11 comments:

  1. Hahahaha I feel you cause I love café con leche.
    Jeffries list all credibility. Ugh. As if we needed that now.
    And Kacey and Dolly? Fabulous allies. Dolly was the perfect example of what someone with money can do.
    And the grim reaper had McConnell and Cankles RIGHT THERE and goes and takes Dolly and Tim Curry?
    MALARKEY!


    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We trade off making the coffee, is something happens to sweet bear, I am not totally helpless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you Helpless? 😂🤣😂 And Dolly could be really bawdy. Kushner's attempting to edit the writing on the wall, and Jefferies was a fool to agree to the meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:12 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (kitties)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've long thought Jeffries was the wrong one for the job. This simply solidifies that for me.
    Had somewhat the same experience here with Dolly. Not particularly excited to go to her concert - but thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The senior members of the Democrats have lost the plot. They need to give way to a more savvy group of politicos who can do more than giving flea bites to Donald Ducks. They need to try for acting like newly awoken bears, ready to eat up anything that gets in the way and with any luck Hedgebreath and Donald Duck will be the first in line to be food for a new generation of Democrats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carlos questioning your espresso abilities is hilarious, but hey, a guy's gotta have his Café con Leche!
    That photo of Tuxedo and Consuelo is ridiculously cute—he really was the ultimate big brother cat. And dropping fake Game of Thrones spoilers on an obnoxious stranger in line is a level of petty I fully respect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jared Kushner should be nowhere near politics nor international diplomacy. He was never elected and he does not possess the qualifications and experience necessary to function on the world stage. If The Fake President was running a pizza delivery business I guess it would be okay to give his son-in-law a part time delivery job but he is supposed to be running a great and powerful country. Dumb move by Hakeem Jeffries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes please Manual. I think it has been four or five successive weeks where I have really liked your models. Are you an algorithm tailoring the models to my taste?

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are suggestions that Canada should rename one of the Great Lakes, Epstein Lake. But Superior Lake would have to be Lake Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hakeem Jeffries and the rest of the Dem leadership need to go. Thery are untrustworthy and have let the dump get away with to much. And they are tired. Time for new blood, move the party with the times and actually deliver the goods. Either shit or get off the pot.

    And I've long adored Kacey Musgraves. The conservative and he GOP came for her a few years ago when she sang about us gays. Nashville radio and the city in general pretty much ban her over that song. And it wasn't even a huge deal in the song for petes sake. Keep it Kacey!!!!!! She is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......