Thursday, October 08, 2026

Bobservations

This is a quickie …

Carlos was telling me about one of his dreams of being in his grandmother’s house and looking for her but she wasn’t there. He said he finally found her and then told me:

“She looked so awful. Of course, she has been dead for years.”

The two of us burst out laughing and that will be my catch-phrase for the week.

This Tale of Tuxedo is from May 2011 when I caught him sunbathing on a bathroom windowsill and he said, 

"Oh, I give up!"

Just a thought … Cornell refusing to give the victim of gang rape her tuition back so she could change schools and not be faced with her abusers they refuse to prosecute is another form of assault.

I don’t think I will ever grow tired of seeing these memes floating around the interwebz.

Brock Allen Turner was a Stanford University swimmer who was convicted in 2016 of three felony counts of raping an unconscious woman he found lying next to a dumpster and into whose mouth he shoved dried leaves so she couldn’t scream.

He is the rapist that Judge Aaron Persky sentenced to just six months in county jail and three years’ probation, citing potential severe impact on the life of a rapist who was then released from jail after serving just three months.

Brock Turner  now lives in Ohio and goes by the name Allen Turner.

Never forget.

Remember when billionaire Robert Kraft banned Macklemore for saying “Free Palestine”?

Well this week, Zach Bryan, the biggest country artist in the world wore a “Free Palestine” shirt right in Robert Kraft’s face at the same stadium.

That’s resistance.

Read this and pay attention …

Nolan Wells did not drown.

Stephon Clark only had a cell phone.

Emmett Till didn’t whistle at a white woman.

Philando Castile didn’t reach for a gun.

Trayvon Martin didn’t harass anyone.

Sonya Massey didn’t call the police to die.

Ahmaud Arbery did not trespass.

Sean Bell didn’t make it to the altar.

George Floyd and eric Garner couldn’t breathe.

Rekia Boyd didn’t pose a threat.

Laquan McDonald was walking away.

Kendrick Johnson did not roll himself up in a rug.

Mike Brown was only jaywalking.

Sandra Bland did not commit suicide.

Botham Jean couldn’t enjoy his ice cream.

Tamir Rice didn’t have a gun.

Say their names and stand up for them. Each one senselessly murdered in America.

Oliver Luke Cheshire is a 38-year-old English fashion designer, model and entrepreneur and so one wonders, Would You Hit It?

34 comments:

  1. You and Carlos cracking at the (hysterical) dark joke tells me I need to have you both over for dinner.
    Cornell done. It fucking it up.
    Say their names!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dark humor no matter what anyone says.
      My favorite? If Mama Cass and Karen Carpenter had only split a sandwich they'd both be alive today.
      Sue me.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Rapes happen in all university towns across the world. But Cornell seems to have responded in an uniquely awful way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cornell really fucked this up, but then no university has ever stood all the way up to protect women.

      Delete
  3. Say their names list would be endless if we knew of them all.

    The loss of disposable income among the general populace is proof of how stupid the Repukes really are. I forget who asked this: "Who will buy your goods when no one has any money left?" Republicans and uber-wealthy: Who cares? I'll already have mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd be reading names for months!
      The 1% don't realize that if you wipe out the middle and lower class no one will be around to build the things they want to buy or cook and clean for them etc.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:44 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo always)
    Here in WA state diesel was
    $7.33 last time DH filled his
    pickup truck.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some of the cheapest gas in the country and ours went up over four dollars again.

      Delete
  5. Anymore...Come to American for lousy Healthcare, low wages, commit crimes and go free...pay high prices for everything and if lucky your may get murdered or shot .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And sadly it will take some time to lose that reputation.

      Delete
  6. The Carlos story made me laugh, the Tuxedo pic made me smile.
    The list of names, on the other hand, makes my blood boil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part was Carlos didn't think it was funny until I burst out laughing. And then he guffawed when we went out to dinner this week and he mentioned the waitress looked tired and I said, "Well, she's been dead for quite some time."
      Tuxedo was always good for a smile and he still is.

      Delete
  7. Carlos wins quote of the week, hands down!
    Never let anyone forget what convicted rapist Brock Turner (now hiding behind "Allen" in Ohio) did. Keep dragging the truth into the daylight, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos and I are still laughing at that line.
      If Brock Allen Turner had served years in prison, I'd say he served his time, though he'd still be a rapist, but three months? Nope. That girl endured quite a long time dealing with what that entitled little white prick did to her.

      Delete
  8. If that Project Lincoln doesn't wake up GOP voters, nothing will. Tuxedo's antics always make me giggle: what an exhibitionist, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuxedo loved to pose for the camera!

      Delete
  9. Oliver Luke Cheshire? Could that possibly be his real name? It's like a character in a romance novel. (And he could be on the cover.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have romance novel appeal!

      Delete
  10. That Jack Smith montage was absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every single one of them makes me laugh!!

      Delete
  11. “She looked so awful. Of course, she has been dead for years.” just might be the funniest thing I’ve heard all week. I think I’ll use it in future. Sounds very Oscar Wilde!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used it at a work meeting this week for no particular reason. I loved the looks from co-workers.

      Delete
  12. How clever is the Jack... one. But who is the dirtbag jacking off on the left? Why I do believe it's Eric Schmitt, The Brain of Missouri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schmitt is the real idiot and Jack Smith doesn't play like that!

      Delete
  13. Oh Oliver, marry me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I believe he is already married, but you can dream, Andrew!!

      Delete
  14. Carlos and Tuxedo made me smile. I love Jack Smith memes, and I love Jack Smith. I haven't forgotten Brock "Golden Boy" Turner; I won't forget Allen Turner in Ohio. Cornell is fucked. I'm so glad my daughter went to a small, private college that didn't allow the Greeks. In addition to being frat boys, I wonder if those rapists are also legacies. Thank you for providing that sobering list of names.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the rapists are legacies, especially the one who weren't expelled.
      xoxo

      Delete
  15. Whoever that is who is refusing to refund tuition so the girl can change schools needs a hefty smack upside the head, with a hammer! Tuxedo made me smile, my Angel used to stretch out like that across my bed.
    VOTE BLUE!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carlos is certainly master of the understatement isn't he!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every so often he slays me with his comments.

      Delete
  17. I would try to put a smile on Mr. Cheshire's face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he might be up for the challenge.

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......