Saturday, September 12, 2026

Why Is It ...

… that most people never learn that there is no bond like the bond between two coworkers who hate the same third coworker; am I right, Gary?

… that my friends take forever to figure out that once you get past the resting bitch face, the OCD tendencies, the slight aggressivenss and the sarcasm I am actually a delight to be aound

… that I highly doubt my name gets defended when I’m not in the room but I know it gets quiet AF when I walk in

… that when my boss suggested I think twice before speaking I instantly said I speak twice before I think

… that my new work word is Bitchuation… any situation that forces me to act klike a bitch

… that as I age I no longer spring out of bed but instead I perform a detailed systems check before attempting liftoff

… that I told the kid next door that when I was his age I used to get 10 CDs for a penny in the mail and I’m sure he thinks I’m lying about what a CD was, or what a penny is, or what’s the mail … or all three

… that when my therapist asked what I wanted to say to my inner child I said, “At least the trauma made us funny.”

… that whenever someone mutters the phrase ‘Have your cake and eat it too’ I always respond, ‘Wrong bakery, bitch.’

… that people say you should forgive and forget but I always say Fuck you and fuck that

19 comments:

  1. You remember the 10 CDs for a penny, and I remember the albums, and the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be a pleasure to know Bob - filled with optimism and goodwill and a great team member too. Always there for your work colleagues (American: "co-workers"). I bet the younger ones call you Uncle Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yorkie, I am a literal dee-light! And my co-workers, or as I call them, Minions, call me Your Majesty! 😁

      Delete
  3. Don't feel bad, I haven't sprang out of bed in ages.

    And this blogger issue is getting worst...my reader has now not updated in three days, not to mention comments never showing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually get up rather quickly, but without the vim and vigor of the Olden Days!!!
      My blogroll hasn't updated in days either, but I just go by all of them to see if a new post is up.

      Delete
  4. Yorkshire Pudding said it best. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did he .... ? 😏😏😏

      Delete
  5. Anonymous12:21 PM

    the dog's mother
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Refer those who want their cake to the Cafe de la Merde down the hall.

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

      Delete
  7. If you can say "Fuck you and fuck that" to people who say you should forgive and forget, you could be Canadian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Canadian!!??!?!? What a great day!!

      Delete
  8. “… that my friends take forever to figure out that once you get past the resting bitch face, the OCD tendencies, the slight aggressiveness and the sarcasm I am actually a delight to be around...”
    Except for the last part, that describes me perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be fair, only I think I'm delightful!

      Delete
  9. If I sprung out of bed I'd smack into the wall which is only two feet away.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......