Last weekend we had a lawn service come out and give the
back yard a refresh, trimming trees, cutting branches back, shaping hedges and
holly bushes and the popcorn tree. The workers are all Latino so Carlos was walking
them around the yard telling them what we wanted done and he didn't know I was there. At the side yard, under
the trees, was our Pet Cemetery and I heard Carlos telling them that the big
stones under the trees are cat and dog graves and not to remove those markers.
But when he mentioned Tuxedo, whom I buried under the trees and then placed a rectangle
paver over him, he told the men not to move the paver because that was the
grave site of, as Carlos said, “El gato más espectacular de todos los tiempos” or
“the most spectacular cat ever.”
All the times that Carlos poked at me for my love of The
Great Tuxedo and now he says this.
I love that man. |
Our animals, past and present, are always with us in one form or another.
ReplyDeleteI was sad to see that Sam Neill had died - such a good-looking man.
Neill was also a terrific actor.
DeleteAww
ReplyDeleteThat was so sweet of Carlos. Tuxedo was one of a kind.
South Carolina is a hot mess. Ugh. I hope Nancy gets humiliated again.
Sam's was not the obituary I wanted to read. No.
XOXO
I need Nancy to get yet another bitch-slap; maybe this one will take and she'll just go away.
Deletexoxo
We have the same little graveyard for our Tuxedo and our bunnies.
ReplyDeleteSo much scrambling for Miss Lindsay's place. We can only hope the voters are smarter this time and elect Andrews.
Cankles is spouting the BS about oil and gas and groceries the same way he's spouting the 300' slash. That demented piece of shit will never change.
Andrews was polling very well before Miss Lindsey died and so I am a bit optimistic.
DeleteOh, Bob, hearing Carlos refer to Tuxedo as “El gato más espectacular de todos los tiempos” absolutely melted my heart! Behind all that teasing, he really loved that bendy kitty. 🖤 On a completely different note, your reality check for Kristin Cabot is spot on—imagining you’re a priority to Chris Martin after getting caught on a Jumbotron with your married boss is peak delusion! Hope the newly refreshed backyard is treating you well
ReplyDeleteCarlos is a sweetheart ... crusty at time, but a sweetheart.
DeleteI just love a woman who was caught on a jumbotron with her married lover begging a pop star to reach out to her. The stupidity.
Bob you shock me; Miss Lindsay is gay? I would never have guessed....mind you all that cross dressing in suits and pretending to be a man should have alerted me.
ReplyDeleteOh Miss Lindsey was always a man, just a man sexually attracted to other men.
Deletethe dog's mother
ReplyDelete(Carlos) (Tuxedo always)
xoxo :-)
💗💗💗 🐱👤🐱👤🐱👤
DeleteI'm going to be terse, and somewhat shallow here. I would slap Atila into next week! Literally. Why can't these young models smile.? That pouty fish look is getting a little tiresome.
ReplyDeleteOh, afterthought, so much for being terse, I love Tuxedo's impression of a bearskin rug.
They need to look brooding and mysterious!
DeleteTuxedo did love to twist into new shapes.
I’m with Deedles. Brooding and mysterious is fine, but a smile once in a while wouldn’t hurt.
DeleteCarlos is a keeper alright! The last photo should be Exhibit A for Dump's trial for defacing a national monument, but we all know the likelihood of that ever happening. I'm so sick of that orange bastard!
ReplyDeleteCarlos is a keeper.
DeleteAnd where is Jeanine "Boxed Wine" Pirro when we now KNOW who damaged the liner????
I was a little surprised by the universal outpouring of grief for Sam Neill, but then I never realized how much of an impact Alan Grant had on so many people. And I'm going to pass on Atila.
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't just his role in Jurassic Park; he made many very interesting films and TV appearances; a great talent.
DeleteCarlos is a treasure...I have never seen Jurassic Park but I do know of Sam...What a treasure...Yes, he was cancer free after his treatments for cancer but his body was weak and recovering...He died of pneumonia...I could catch Atila and invite him for a coffee...Yes, the reflecting pool is damaged because Mussolini Don drove the "beast" over it....That thing has weight...As well as the other vehicles....It probably wasn't constructed for all that weight...He was probably warned of it but threw a tantrum and did it anyway...If Lindsey's sister can hold the Senate seat why not crazy Nancy...Word on the street is that she needs a mental health intervention...
ReplyDeleteCarlos IS a treasure.
DeleteI enjoyed Sam Neill in nearly everything he did.
I have a better chance of winning the GOP nod to be SC's new senator than Nancy Mace.
That's a sweet tale of Carlos.
ReplyDeleteI loved Sam Neill's speaking voice above all else. Naturally as we do with high achieving New Zealanders, Australians claim Neill to be ours. Being born in Northern Ireland, even NZ can't really claim him.
Sanchez reminds me of Ronaldo, and I would certainly say yes.
Neill was such a good actor, in nearly everything he did.
DeleteAnd, yes, Carlos is a sweetheart!
Oh that reflecting pool! Poetically speaking - it certainly does reflect the unpleasant nature of Trump's disastrous presidency. It's green and slimy and there was no competition for the contract. Instead of being clean and beautiful for America's 250th birthday, it instead looked dirty and it's very shallow too. A decent man and a former Olympian put his hand in the water out of curiosity and was wrongly accused of vandalism and of course there is no 350 foot gash - it's all fake, fake news. Yes indeed - a faithful reflecting pool - telling it just as it is.
ReplyDeleteIt's a lie about the gash but then every time he speaks it's a lie.
DeleteI love what Carlos said about Tuxedo. Shame about the reflecting pool and I hope the next president is able to return it to its former glory.
ReplyDeleteIt was lovely what Carlos said.
DeleteThe next president will have a lot to clean up after this criminal.
Tuxedo WAS the most spectacular cat ever. I wish I knew him. And Carlos is pretty spectacular, too.
ReplyDeleteRight on both counts!
DeleteAll in all, we have a good life.
ReplyDeleteI agree; we're more lucky than a lot of us think.
Delete