Saturday, September 05, 2026

Why Is It ...

… that when I look back at all the successes and failures in my life I cannot help but be proud that the potty training stuck

… that I wonder what life would be like if I didn’t overthink everything. I think about that all the time.

… that I am an adult the same way a lawn chair is furniture; I mean, it’s technically true but no one’s impressed and I’m not very stable

… that I lovelovelove when my mere presence pisses someone off

… that since gas has gotten so expensive I’ve decided I’m just gonna drink energy drinks and run everywhere

… that some of you have no idea that you aren’t worth the fuck that made you

… that in high school I could eat a Gordita Supreme and a dozen Krispy Kremes at midnight and lose three pounds but these days I go up an entire pant size every time I swallow my spit

… that when confronted with a problem my go-to mantra is, Whatever. Fuck it. I tried. Not worth it.

… that no one understands that I am happy to apologize for being a bitch as soon as they apologize for bringing the bitch out in me

… that I hate when people accuse me of lollygagging when I am quite clearly dilly dallying

17 comments:

  1. You evidently haven't seen the price of energy drinks lately, gas is cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had an energy drink.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10:02 AM

    the dog's mother
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:13 AM

    Jamie (jannghi.blogspot.com): I tried an energy drink once. It just wasn't for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound too chemical for me.

      Delete
  4. My eldest's ex-wife is a personal trainer. Started my sone drinking those things, he had a mild heart attack as the result. I'd probably just implode.
    I hate when people confuse dilly dallying with lollygagging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There IS a difference.
      I rarely dilly dally.

      Delete
  5. Celebrate life's lasting achievements

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potty training; success number one, in a manner of speaking.

      Delete
  6. No energy drinks for me too, I'm tend to be hyper as it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to be lazy and that's good; I don't wanna be running around like mad!

      Delete
  7. … that when I look back at all the successes and failures in my life I cannot help but be proud that the potty training stuck

    Thank you for this. I now have something to always be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the little things that you've been doing nearly all your life that matter!!!

      Delete
  8. Happy Labor Day weekend to you and Carlos and the kids. Do something fun. Take Carlos out for a ride and ice cream. You might earn extra points towards extra-curricular activities. Wink, wink!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're home this weekend, because we were gone all last week and weekend.

      Delete
  9. I have long been aware I'm not worth the fuck that made me because I was late to potty training.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am also glad the potty training stuck along with several others of Mum's early childhood trainings.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......