… that people don’t notice
that I prefer hanging out in groups of three because I can go nonverbal and
they can entertain each other while I look at a tree or something
… that people don’t seem to
get it that me ignoring you is me being nice to you
… that as a child I wanted to
be included in everything but as an adult I want y’all to stop asking me to go
out
… that my other spirit
animal is a racoon … because we have dark rings around our eyes? Or because we
like to eat junk food? Because we’re a bit chubby but somewhat cute and
possibly rabid? Or because we will fight you for no apparent reason?
… that people need to stop
asking me to meet up; half my neighbors don’t even know I exist
… that people don’t realize
that my only social skills are laughing when I shouldn’t, telling a joke in an
awkward situation, and saying “You, too”
when the server tells me to enjoy my meal
… that adulting means using
the phone flashlight more often than I ever thought possible
… that, while it’s actually
more, my three dominant personalities are the one who talks to much, the one who
doesn’t talk at all, and the one to talks to myself like I’m a full-on podcast.
… that when my boss comes up
with a project and looks for volunteers and I shout “Not it,” he is not amused
… that my new diet is a lot
of salads, like last night … mostly tomatoes and croutons; well, one big crouton
covered in tomato sauce and cheese. It was a pizza, okay? I had a whole pizza |
And the flour for the crust came from a grass - kind of like a salad green, and the cheese came from a cow, and cows are vegetarians, it was a plant based diet, a salad. I made pizza Thursday night.
ReplyDeleteThank you for feeding my delusions! I may have another "salad" tonight!
Deletethe dog's mother
ReplyDeletexoxo :-)
😂🤣
ReplyDeleteTalking to myself like I'm a full-on podcast -- hahahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteI talk to myself a LOT. :)
ReplyDeleteI do the whole pizza thing, well... not the whole pizza, the dog gets the edge crust.
ReplyDeleteI talk to myself all the time. Often in public. When I realize I'm doing it I just hope people think I'm on the phone with an invisible earpiece. (And an invisible phone.)
ReplyDeleteWear dark sunglasses and a fake Secret Service earpiece and no one'll be any the wiser, LOL!
Delete