This East Hampton Compound sits at the end of a white pebble driveway amid beautifully manicured grounds where a covered porch opens to a gracious foyer, introducing interiors that balance sophistication with exceptional craftsmanship. An additional adjoining lot with a letter of buildability can support a substantial home, pool, tennis, and garage, completing this four-acre compound situated between East Hampton and Sag Harbor Villages and just moments from beautiful ocean beaches. The home features six Bedrooms and seven bathrooms spread out over 5,300 square feet. The main level features a spacious living room with two French doors, a marble-mantel wood-burning fireplace, and an effortless sense of light and scale. The eat-in chef's kitchen by showcases high end appliances, a generous center island with seating, and a walk-in butler's pantry with two wine cellars … one can never have enough wine … and a pantry painted head-to-toe in carmine red. The dining room, with arched doorways, hand-painted walls and ceilings, and an abundance of windows and French doors, is just off the kitchen while the library is wrapped in floor-to-ceiling bookshelves providing a sophisticated, cozy retreat. The first-floor primary suite features French doors opening to a private patio, beamed ceilings, built-in closets, a glass-enclosed office, and an elegant bath with a pedestal tub and marble shower. Additional highlights on this level include a stone-tiled mudroom connecting to the two-car garage, a custom laundry room, and a full bath with custom tiles and a marble sink. A spindle staircase leads to the second floor, which offers a second primary suite with beamed tray ceilings, six windows, and an en suite bath with an alcove soaking tub and custom vanity. Three additional en suite guest rooms and a landing area with built-in seating complete this level. The 2,200 square foot basement level continues the home's sense of luxury with a large media room, dining area lined with bookshelves, kitchenette with stone counters, and a second laundry room. A sixth bedroom, seventh bathroom, gym, custom built-in seating, and a linear wet bar complete the space. The landscape surrounds the property in natural beauty with hundreds of trees, including 30-foot Lebanese cedars, Asian pines, and gingkoes. A heated Gunite pool and spa are bordered by crepe myrtles, boxwoods, wisteria, and stone fruit trees and the patio offers multiple areas for entertaining, while a hidden path leads to an outdoor shower and a separate outbuilding housing a large sauna. All for just a smidge under ten million! As always, click to emBIGGERate … |
Well, it’s very tasteful and sedate. It gives NY billionaire matron vibes to me but I love the outdoor space. Oh, and that sauna!
ReplyDeleteIt is quite large but the property? Oy, I love that.
DeleteAnd a sauna for all your closest friends?? Yes, please.
5,300 sq. ft. country cottage, meets McMansion. The floor plan is nice, lots of space, but who needs two kitchens and dining rooms, unless you are planning for Mom to live in the basement? There are too many things I would want to change in the decor and details, I would pass.
ReplyDeleteI do like the style, though not the furnishings and it it way to big ... perhaps I could live in the basement and turn the home into an exclusive B&B and make some coins?
DeleteIt's nice. It's.... big. It might not feel so empty if you threw lots, and lots of parties.
ReplyDeleteLots and lots with lots and lots of people!
Deletethe dog's mother
ReplyDeletexoxo :-)
Some of it is a teensy bit too provincial and the wallpaper is rather busy, as is some of the tilework. But that kitchen, the library, the secondary library... the sauna! The pool! Ok, when do we move in?
ReplyDeleteI agree about the wallpaper and some of the furnishings but that's an easy scrape and paint. I could do that on a long weekend!
DeleteDeal! Let me know when you're done. 😉😁
DeleteWhat a beautiful property. I'm enamored with the outside as well as the inside — though let's be honest, it's a little too big for me. The upkeep alone? Oi. Of course, if one could actually afford to buy this place, one would also have the means to keep it in tip-top shape, inside and out. Hell, I could live in the basement and still have room to spare.
ReplyDeleteI'm a stickler for entrances. A home's entrance should be inviting, drawing folks in — a little tease of what's to come. So that's the first thing I'd work on. The good news is that when you buy a home like this, it comes empty, which means I'd get to cultivate my own taste throughout. And I do love these rooms. Some of the wallpaper would have to go, sure, but the light and the scale of the spaces are wonderful. The library alone had me sold.
Now, a confession: I'm not a fan of tubs with a handheld shower option. I know it's part of the home's character, but I love my showers, and a handheld setup means water everywhere and none of the convenience I actually want. Still, I can appreciate the beauty of those tubs even if I'd never use them the way they're intended.
The kitchen, though — that's a cook's paradise. Built for holiday cooking and big gatherings. And the sauna? To die for. Also possibly trouble waiting to happen, but I'll allow it.
Outside, the landscaping has real purpose to it. I'm not a pool guy myself, but I'd happily enjoy one with friends — just make sure there's shade nearby. My bald head and direct sunlight are not friends.
All in all, it's a perfect choice for someone who entertains and for whom money is no object.
Now tell me — how many wishes do I have left?
First thing: the furniture and drapes and accessories go. Then pain colors are switched. The rugs are moved out.
DeleteThen, and only then, will I move in.
I'd change some of the decor. The wallpaper sucks. All in all, I like it. I don't mind the size at all. More room for my stuff. Maddie woulod have too lend me a few houseboys for the upkeep though.
ReplyDeleteWould, it's would! what the heck is a woulod? Sheesh!
DeleteI believe woulod is Olde English for "would." That's my story and I'm sticking to it in case I ever type it woulod!!
DeleteThe wallpapers are old, they need to go, as well as some of Nana's furnishings.
I used the wrong to, two. Just chute me now.
DeleteNo one is allowed to criticize our beloved Duchess.
DeleteLordy, but that is a gorgeous property! I can't even imagine living in something like that, but if it happened, I think I'd try and make the best of it! I'm generous like that, sweetpea! *wink* xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou'd have guests non-stop. I know Carlos and I would visit for Summer ... Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Deletexoxo
One word - Termites !
ReplyDeleteA wooden feast for the critters :-(
Exterminators.
DeleteI'll offer to live in the library. A cot in the corner and I'd be a happy woman. :)
ReplyDeleteSurrounded by books? Yes, please!!!
DeleteIt’s beautifully appointed I some areas but it’s way too big. Like a B&B. It’s also giving rich divorcée a little.
ReplyDeleteLove the sauna tho. I’d live there.
XOXO
I might live in the basement and B&B the rest!!
Deletexoxo
Impressive. I love the grounds. The interior design is so far from my liking.
ReplyDeleteThe interior is Grandma but the property is Pool Party and Meet Me In The Sauna!!
DeleteIt's too big and I want to make some changes but I'll take it because of the library. I'll probably spend about 20 out of every 24 hrs in that gorgeous room with all my beautiful books.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
Tear it all down except for the library!!!
Deletexoxo
Wow, what a house. Not necessarily a home, but almost everything is so well done. Quiet luxury personified. That's East Hampton, England?
ReplyDeleteThat's East Hampton, New York.
Delete