Pages

▼

Thursday, October 01, 2026

Bobservations

When we had the skylights taken out of the sunroom our contractor couldn’t match the wood on the ceiling so we agreed to just put bead-board up on the whole thing and I would paint it.

Last week Carlos stumbled upon some things we’d had hanging from the ceiling pre-renovation and he wanted to put them back up which started this conversation:

“I’ll just use the hooks we used before.”

“They’re gone.”

“Why are they gone?”

“Craig replaced the ceiling with bead-board so the hooks were taken down and I don’t know where there are.”

“They should still be up there.”

“Underneath the new ceiling?”

I told him I was going to get my cartoon frying pan and he muttered something.

“What that that?”

“I have a cartoon frying pan, too, you know.”

Now I’m sleeping with one eye open.

This Caturday is from May 2011 …

There are places in our house where cats are allowed to be … on the bed … on the couch in the sunroom … on the couch in the living room … on a kitchen table chair. There are not allowed on living room chairs ... or dining room chairs … or kitchen counters.

Tuxedo, however, because he's so delicious, gets away with murder. He is allowed on the bathroom counter, because he enjoys a sip of water from the faucet … he's allowed on one of the living room chairs … if he's in my lap. 

But now, apparently, he has granted himself access to a dining room chair. There he is, peeking at me when I asked if he was hungry.

And here he is, doing his Gargoyle impression from atop a living room chair. He doesn't use his front paws to hold on because he's been declawed … DO NOT DO THAT … so he looks like he's just hanging around. And he just looks so darned cute, that I looked the other way and ignored his infractions.

Luckily for us both, Other Daddy wasn't home.

Harriet Hancock—a Columbia attorney and stalwart advocate for the LGBTQ+ community and our families, and is the namesake of the Harriet Hancock Center, a Columbia institution serving that community—died September 23, just shy of her 90th birthday.

Harriet became a fierce advocate and ally for the LGBTQ+ community when her son Greg came out to her in the early ’80s. As she came to know other LGBTQ+ young people whose families had rejected or struggled to understand them, she realized how desperately South Carolina needed places of acceptance, support and belonging and so she built that place; the Harriet Hancock Center.

I first met her about eleven years ago when Carlos and I joined a group of LGBTQ+ South Carolinians who formed The Will of the People Fund to fight for marriage equality in our state. We achieved that goal in November 2014 following a federal court ruling in the case Condon v. Haley that struck down the state's ban.

Harriet helped establish the Columbia chapter of PFLAG—a national organization dedicated to supporting, educating and advocating for the LGBTQ+ community—in 1982. And she soon became a quite visible and active public spokesperson, combating prejudices and stereotypes on Columbia talk radio, writing letter after letter to state news media responding to the homophobic attitudes then commonplace in public conversations about AIDS and LGBT people.

She was a force of nature and she will be missed.

RIP Harriet, you’ve earned it.

The fact that MacKenzie Scott, Jeff Bezo’s ex-wife and one of the biggest single donors in history, has given out $26,300,000,000 to charity and not run out of money really puts into perspective how the arguments against a wealth tax are bull shiz.

When I saw these cakes the first thing that came to mind was, “Why on Earth would you cover those up?”

On September 24, 2026, Fox “News” hosts spent the day telling their audience that Democrats are Communists  and Communists are evil. And then they went home and put on gowns and tuxedos to run to the White House to attend a state dinner honoring an actual communist.

PS Then Cankles made a commercial about himself using OUR tax dollars in which he says he will take down the communists.

Was that before or after you invited them to the White House for Melanie’s goulash? And by goulash I mean she’s a Slovenian Hooker and goulash is one of her sexy time high priced moves. 

These are the rich white men at Cornell University who decided it would better suit them to protect seven rapists than the one girl who was terrorized by them and the fifty other young men in their text chain. They are as complicit as the seven rapists and their fifty coconspirators who did nothing when they learned of the rape.

Instead of teaching young girls how not to get raped howsabout teaching young boys not to be rapists. Oh, and in the cases of Kavanaugh, RFK Jr, and Cankles teach the old white men, too.

Wouter Peelen is a top international model, boyfriend of Elise Boers and father of their twins; and other than fashion magazines or runways you can find him on Elise's YouTube channel where his funny and loving appearance as a father a key element of the vlog and where you might ask yourself, Would You Hit It?


38 comments:

  1. Are you sleeping with said cartoon frying pan too???

    Rich white men at Cornell University. And we wonder why a 7 hour rape was not taken seriously?

    It's beyond me why anyone with nice cakes ever covers them up?

    We need many more with MacKenzie Scott's mentality. Why NOT DO GOOD with the money right here on Earth??? Not on war. Not on 20 million weddings, and not in space. Spend it and she still has tons of money and look, even appears happy!

    And Harriet. Why are all the good one going???? There are plenty of useless, evil bastards to take. Shit...Apparently even heaven and hell don't want them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the frying pan with me right now!!!
      I could use more Mackenzie's in the world, and the LGBTQ+ community needs more Harriet's.

      Delete
    2. I believe the nice cakes get covered so you have the fun of "unwrapping" them.

      Delete
  2. That is amazing how much money MacKenzie Scott has given to charity. And yes, it does prove just how much the rich could be taxed! It is simply amazing to me how hypocritical all the pundits are on Fox News, and it amazes me that people actually believe what they say.

    A former student of mine went to Cornell for three semesters and hated it. She told me that the college culture there was toxic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, rich men think it's a game: whoever dies the richest, wins. Also sadly, they're all actual losers.

      Delete
  3. Mackenzie will the eternalized, her ex will be not. Trump's new AI is a hoot and the only half decent thing he's done while in office. Wouton... what's in a name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the name Wouton ... I'm thinking of it for a new cat we may get.

      Delete
  4. Carlos!
    Watch out for the cartoon frying pan! 😂
    And the Cornell 7 have got me in a fury. Ugh.
    Cankles’ commercials have costed the taxpayers millions. Just saying.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am scared that he is also armed!!
      I want the seven punished. I want to 50+ in the group text who read it and did nothing punished. I want anyone in a position of authority at Cornell who heard this tale and didn't fully investigate and remove seven rapists and their 50 accomplices from Cornell also punished.
      This why we have a rapist in the Oval, a rapist in the Cabinet, and a rapist on the Supreme Court.
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Tuxedo ruled! How could you scold when that face is looking up at you?
    I have to laugh-not laugh at the idiots claiming libs are communists. The idiots wouldn't know communism unless it bit them in the ass. Even then, it's doubtful - they'd be too stupid to recognize it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I don't think Tuxedo was ever punished because I couldn't look at that punim and stay angry!

      Delete
  6. I always wanted a butt so bubbled that my shirt got stuck on it. Well, maybe not always. I have a cartoon frying pan, too. I don’t worry about SG having one. I’d have to explain it to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have to explain it to Carlos the first time I told him about my frying pan!

      Delete
  7. RIP Harriet Hancock, a true ally to our community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a wonderful woman and left a great legacy for our community in SC.

      Delete
  8. More to the point to call Donald Duck's AI awake, although I understand that it has been forbidden to answer questions about the 2020 election or other Duck lies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's already made its statement about 2020.

      Delete
  9. Some cakes do look good in gray!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, the brighter they are, the more clueless they can be, but we LOVE Them just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:09 PM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo always)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell Carlos I love him. Perfect comeback! Tuxedo knew his place and it was anywhere he wanted to be. :)
    Apparently there are men out there attempting to find out who the young woman is, with plans to dox her. Is it any wonder women would choose the bear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos did have the perfect comeback and Tuxedo was allowed to do whatever he wanted, wherever he wanted!
      Those asshats planning to dox a rape victim are now facing a media slap back as women and men, all over the world, are declaring themselves to be Jane Doe.

      Delete
  13. Oh No! Not Carlos talking back, giving you tit for tat. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos did hit me with a cartoon frying pan!!

      Delete
  14. Hungry for cake now - but I'm shallow like that.

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gargoyle Gato stole my heart and made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still get weepy when I think of him. 😢😢😢
      He had that effect on us.

      Delete
  16. Every weekday morning at 10am, BBC Radio 4 puts out a programme called "Woman's Hour". Today they devoted almost half the slot to the Cornell University rape case, the incompetence of the campus police and the attempted cover-up by university administrators. If those entitled young men were not guilty why did the university expel two of them? I guess that the young rapists and the male administrators were in the mould of Epstein and The Orange Monster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do we get a rapist for a president or a rapist head of the Defense Dept. or a rapist head of HHS or a rapist member of Scotus?
      Let them get away with it when they were in college because they came from privilege.

      Delete
  17. Peelen is appealing enough for me.
    That's a very nasty business at Cornell University and the institution must be concerned that the matter has received world wide coverage, including here. We have our own similar issues here with entitled young men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Entitled young men are the problem because they become entitled old men in power.

      Delete
  18. Ho ho ho America.gov
    When the cartoon frying pan war begins please make sure the cartoon camera is running.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got Daffy Duck on speed dial to run right over!
      xoxo

      Delete
  19. 👍👍👏👏 MacKenzie Scott 😀

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......