… that when I noticed the
cover of my ironing board was wrinkled I laughed at the irony, and then I
laughed again at the word “irony”
… that people don’t know that
if I was a Jedi there’s a 100% chance I would use the Force inappropriately
… that while I often know
better than to do certain things but my curiosity was like “do it” and my bad
decisions were already putting on their shoes
… that you need to know that
my self worth doesn’t depend on your opinion of me mainly because I already
checked with myself and I think I’m doing a fantastic job. The Board of
Directors [me] has spoken.
… that y’all need to know my
Five ways to Have a Good Day: 1] Drink Coffee; 2] Avoid People; 3] Read a book;
D] Drink more Coffee; and 4] Keep avoiding people
… that I often need to ask
the haters watching life if they are okay with the volume or if I should turn
it up
… that the people who think
they know me don’t see my 5AM runs, or see me choosing a salad over French fries,
or doing yoga in a peaceful room, don’t realize it’s because I don’t do any of
that
… that when I ask myself if I’m
the problem we almost always say no
… that “naked hiking” is
apparently done without GPS, no music and no distractions and yet no one
bothered to tell me sooner
… that y’all need to know
that I didn't survive Y2K, 9/11, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, multiple recessions, that
time I woke up naked in a corn field, and COVID just to be taken out by
diarrhea lettuce |
All of those years of running naked, and no one ever noticed.
ReplyDeleteThe more "Why Is It" posts I read the greater the author seems to be.... Why Is It... that R.Slatten of Camden SC has an infinite number of self-deprecatory remarks up his sleeve with which to amuse his adoring public?
ReplyDeleteWow! I'm so glad I'm not the only who had the "cornfield" experience!
ReplyDeleteCuriousity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back. You can't learn without trying, right?
ReplyDeletethe dog's mother
ReplyDeletexoxo :-)
Good ones, hahahahaha, especially that last one!
ReplyDeleteI'd add a martini to my "good day." :)
ReplyDeleteShame about the lettuce - what a disaster!
ReplyDelete