Pages

▼

Saturday, October 03, 2026

Why Is It ...

… that a coworker was talking about people’s looks and she announced that she believes everyone has a good side so I told her she was a circle

… that it was only five years ago when people weren’t allowed to get close to me and I miss those days

… that after all these years my boss still doesn’t get me. Last Friday I said to him, “Since it’s the last day of the week do you mind if I take a longer lunch.” He said, “No problem, when will you be back,” and I said, “Sometime next week.”

… that as a white man in South Carolina I am terrified people will think I’m a Republican.

… that some of you come from the “If you stop crying I’ll buy you something” generation  while I come from the “If you don’t stop crying I’ll give you something to cry about” generation. We are not the same

… that people forget that karma can’t do everything; learn to insult people sometimes

… that people don’t realize I am sarchotic … so sarcastic that you can’t tell if I’m joking or psychotic.

… that I giggle when I get an Unknown Caller on my phone; I rarely pick up even when I know the person

… that sometimes you’ll be listening to someone yammer on and on and on and realize that their frontal lobe hasn’t fully marinated yet

… that most days I really don’t feel like crushing it, so I’ll just crinkle it a little

13 comments:

  1. You would think, after nearly two years of social distancing, that people would just get that my personal space is at least 6 feet...ten would be better.
    I also grew up in the generation where crying for any length of time got you that reminder. I tried it with my kids and social services was called. :p
    On the other hand, just a few moments with you would tell anyone with half a brain, you are not a Republican.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, as soon as I start talking it's clear I'm a raging liberal!

      Delete
  2. Yes, THAT generation. I’m too impatient to wait for Karma. I create it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our generation had it rough!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:39 AM

    the dog's mother
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crinkle it? You are an overachiever. I'll just poke it a few times around the edges.

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, you make me look like I'm working!!!

      Delete
  5. I'm from the "give you something to cry about" generation too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These younger gens had it easy!

      Delete
  6. Ah, the fear of being a white man in a red state must be truly terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I like in a city with a Democrat Mayor and a county with a Democrat state senator!

      Delete
  7. I actually answered a phone call on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't know you, I don't pick up. And even then ......

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......