Friday, November 29, 2013

I Didn't Say It ....

Dan Savage, on Mary Cheney and her wife Heather Poe, and the feud with Liz Cheney:
"Mary does a pretty good approximation of evil, however...They're wealthy dykes who until ten minutes ago couldn't give a flying f--k about the rights of same-sex couples in the state where they live or any other state. $2500 check to Mitt Romney in 2012. Voted for Mitt Romney in 2012...Romney was a thousand times worse than Liz and Mary wrote that f--ker a check."

Leave it to Dan to make it all very clear.
Mary really hasn’t been a champion of LGBT rights.
Demi Lovato, on Miley Cyrus: 
“I think that the world needs to get over the fact that she was Hannah Montana when she was 16. I guess my transition was a little easier because I went straight to rehab. I didn’t twerk, I just went to rehab. It’s something nobody knows and nobody really knows who I am, and same with Selena [Gomez] and Jonas [Brothers], and everyone that has grown up in front of the public eye, and we’re adults now… we’re all in the process of doing that so go a little easy on us, America.”

Oh, I’ll go easy on people who make the transition smoothly, but people who act like spoiled self-indulgent, self-entitled nincompoops do not get a pass.
Twerk or no twerk.
Stephen Colbert, on Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin announcement that the state's National Guard would deny spousal benefits to all couples in order to avoid serving gay couples:
"Governor Fallin is setting a great precedent here....Because once a gay person gets something, it gets their gay all over it. That's why I think we should shut down the fire department. If I find out that firefighters also rescue gay people, suddenly it'll seem gay for me to have their calendar. 

And... what about schools. I've heard that some of these newfangled gays also have kids that go to school. They're learning the same math as my kids, all so they can go home and count the number of mommies they have. 

And folks we wouldn't even have this problem if gays weren't allowed in the military. So no one should be allowed in the military. I say we let those drones do all the work. They're still months away from developing a sexual preference ... 

Governor Fallin, I heard that gay people in Oklahoma enjoy the scent of your state flower the Oklahoma Rose just as much as straight people do. So you should order everyone in your state to cut off their noses to spite the gays. Cause you're kind of doing it already.”

That’s all ….
Alec Baldwin, on his Mea Culpa Tour for his latest, but certainly not his last, homophobic rant:
"I've loved men in my life. There are some men I've loved in my life as much, if not more, than the women in my life. I don't have a sexual preference for men ... but I've loved men.  I've been in love with about three or four men, as much, if not more, than any woman I've loved. I don't wanna have a sexual relationship with them."

Alec, shut the f**k up. The more you talk the more homophobic and douche-y you look.
Being gay is not a preference, it’s an orientation. I prefer to not shout obscenities at strangers on the street who may get to close to me; you prefer shouting obscenities at them.
You’re a bully. And an asshat. And a glib asshat who bullies.
And lastly, we no longer want to have sex with you. We’d just like you to, again, shut the f**k up.
Sir Ian McKellen, on religion:
“I don't understand religion. I don't get it at all. I understand why people need it, but I think they're wrong. They don't. I do see that on a crude-ish level, when someone dies, it's nice and comforting to think that they're going to heaven and that they're going to be wrapped up warm for eternity. But they're not. Heaven doesn't exist. If you just think about it for a minute, the person is dead, they're gone, they're not coming back, and you'll never see them again. And when you go, you'll never see anybody again. Just face it. I feel stronger because of it. Knowing that I can't lean on religion to get through life. If you are leaning on it, you won't be living your life to the fullest.”

I’m on the fence here.
I have my beliefs that may not jibe with those religious folks, but, hey, if they choose to believe what they believe, then who am I, or who is McKellen, to complain?
Just keep your religion out of my laws, m’kay.
Kathy Svenson, member of Colorado's Delta County school board, on transgendered students:
“Massachusetts and California have passed laws relating to calling a student, irrespective of his biological gender, letting him perform as the gender he thinks he is, or she is. I just want to emphasize, not in this district. Not until the plumbing’s changed. There would have to be castration in order to pass something like that around here.  I don’t have a problem if some boys think they are girls, I’m just saying as long as they can impregnate a woman, they’re not going to go in girls locker room."

I guess she wants boys who identify as female to be castrated.
Lovely.
I, on the other hand, would like Svenson to undergo a lobotomy.
Elton John, on marriage equality in 2008:
"We're not married. Let's get that right. We have a civil partnership. What is wrong with Proposition 8 is that they went for marriage. Marriage is going to put a lot of people off, the word marriage. I don't want to be married. I'm very happy with a civil partnership. You get the same equal rights that we do when we have a civil partnership. Heterosexual people get married. We can have civil partnerships."

I remember him saying this and my thought was, Good for you, Elton, but what about all the same-sex couples who do want to get married?
Elton John, on marriage equality in 2013:
"Listen David and I are [a] very high-profile gay couple, probably the most high-profile gay couple in the world. You have to set an example. If you say, listen, guys, this is our rights – can you imagine 20 years ago? We’d have never thought this possible."

First off, the most high-profile gay couple in the world is Ellen and Portia, so settled down.
Secondly, my how times have changed, from “I don’t want to be married” to “This is our right.”
Alec Baldwin, on his MSNBC show being cancelled because of his anti-gay slur:
"Martin Bashir's on the air, and he made his comment on the air! I dispute half the comment I made If I called him 'cocksucking maggot' or a 'cocksucking motherfucker'... 'faggot' is not the word that came out of my mouth. That I know. But you've got the fundamentalist wing of gay advocacy— Rich Ferraro and Andrew Sullivan—they're out there, they've got you. Rich Ferraro, this is probably one of his greatest triumphs. They killed my show. And I have to take some responsibility for that myself." 

Funny, he says he has to take some responsibility himself, after he blames Sullivan and Ferraro.
And quit saying you didn't say "faggot" because even you can't remember what you said.
I said it before, Alec, shut the f**k up.

6 comments:

Ask the Cool Cookie said...

I love Alec Baldwin. I do. And I love him enough to say, if we were friends, Alec, sweetie, you need some therapy to deal with that hair trigger temper, because the only person that it hurts is you. And so far, between the whole"little pig", up to and including the faggot remark hasn't done you anything good. It makes you look like a world class asshole.

Helen Lashbrook said...

If religion is the opium of the masses, why do religious zealots keep trying to get me addicted? I don't object to your drug of choice, just don't stick it down my throat.

I'm an atheist - get over it. Bigotry is hateful wherever you find it.

Ask the Cool Cookie said...

Here what I don't get about about religious zealots: why are so concerned about forcing other people to live by the word that they themselves can't manage their own lives? So,e of the loudest, most offensive preachers are also the ones who get swept up money, possessions and power, also get caught caught up with the twisted sexual practices that rail against.

Why does Linda Harvey have a fanaticism with destroying homosexuals? For someone who should be blessed out on Jesus, she is the cruelest person. I mean, what the fuck?

the dogs' mother said...

As Unitarians we like to keep all our options open :-)

Big Mark 243 said...

... I think that maybe Ms. Svenson of Colorado has a point... if not in the girls' locker room, then certainly the boys... I could not imagine a transgender girl changing with high school boys safely...

anne marie in philly said...

REALLY. MARY? asshat!

hey alec, even I don't want to have sex with you; go FOADIAFF!

perhaps kathy needs a castration; she sure looks butch to me!

elton is getting a bit daft, eh what?