Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Funnies


____________________________

David Letterman: "John McCain at one point had to have a crazy woman removed by security at one of these town hall meetings. And I'm thinking, jeez, he should have done that a year ago."


______________________________

Conan O'Brien: "Fox News host Glenn Beck has lost over 30 sponsors since he called President Obama a racist. And the latest sponsor that he just lost is Clorox bleach. That's amazing. Even a company whose sole purpose is to make things whiter thinks Glenn Beck has gone too far."
______________________________

David Letterman: "The entire island of Martha's Vineyard has gone Obama crazy. There's even a cocktail that they've named after Barack Obama. It's called the Obamarita. Not to be confused with a cocktail inspired by John McCain, the Cosmopoligrip. And then there was one a couple of years ago inspired by George W. Bush, the Mojidiot. Of course, there was the Bill Clinton Screwdriver."

__________________________

Bill Maher: "Then there's the people who come to the town hall meetings about health care and think that Obama is going to do the same thing that Hitler did. I mean, what can't you tell these people that they won't believe? I could start a rumor right now. I could say, you know what? Under Obama's health care plan, when you bring your child to a pediatrician, from now on, when he's done, instead of giving him a balloon, he's going to give the kid a condom. Stupid is a preexisting condition, yes."

2 comments:

truthspew said...

Great quotes on the unhinged members of our society. I know one, he's my father.

He parrots the Fox News talking points on health insurance reform, you know, we'll cover illegal immigrants etc.

I had to dispel that notion. You see, I'm 3rd generation Italian-American. My great grandparents, they came over from Italy. I asked my father if he knew the origin of the word Wop. That's right, my great grandparents were illegal immigrants.

I then addressed the cost issue. Told him if we had a universal or public system you could eliminate medicare and the VA system.

But alas, logic and actual data do nothing to dispel Fox News.

Joy said...

As House, MD, said, "Rational arguments usually don't work on religious people; otherwise, there wouldn't be any religious people." I've been trying to figure out what would work with these nutcases but believe they are too brainwashed.